Legal Point of Discharge City of Greater Dandenong

As part of the legal discharge point assessment, CCTV recordings of surrounding drainage systems may be requested for larger construction sites. If a cleaning is necessary, it will be paid for and carried out by us. Post-work recordings are required to confirm that drains were protected during the work. The competent building assessor should ensure that the design of the internal drainage system complies with the recommendations of this permit and that the drainage is connected to the specified discharge point. You are responsible for your drains until the connection (the legal discharge point) to our subsurface drainage system, curb and canal or built roadway. Energy rating ratios measure a home`s energy efficiency by assigning a score for various design features (such as building structure, window design, insulation, orientation, and other features) and providing an overall score. Landowners are responsible for stormwater drains on their property and any section of their private runoff outside the property that is connected to the legal disposal point. Before planning permission is granted for work involving a drainage system, a permit for the “legal discharge” point of the property must be obtained from the council. The legal discharge point is where rainwater from your property flows into a council-managed drain or into the curb and canal. You will need to provide the location of the legal disposal point on your property before submitting plans to the council. Drains, pipes and hard surface drains such as entrances must be controlled within property lines, runoff water must be collected in private property and then diverted to the legal discharge point (LPD) You can request a legal discharge report from council indicating where stormwater drainage from your property should be routed. All properties must have a stormwater drainage system that effectively collects runoff from that property and directs it to a community drain.

Council`s drainage system includes different types of drains, including underground pipes, open drains and culverts, as well as the roadsidewalk and canal. The legal discharge point is a point determined by the municipal council where rainwater must be drained from a property. The main discharge point designated by the Council shall be the nearest pit or discharge of sufficient depth and capacity, or determined alternately by an official of the Council. Also known as Building Code 133 Rainwater, LPOD or LPD, it shows the point where rainwater drains from a roof and shows the location of all pipes on the property. The constructor must include it in the build. Rainwater collected on land is diverted to the so-called “legal charging point of a property”. The collected rainwater is then discharged into a drain. We will process the request within 10-15 business days. It may take longer if we need more information after this assessment. A Commission official will forward a written request if this is the case. Learn more about the different phases and deadlines for applying Contact the Council`s engineering team to discuss the legal discharge point on 1300 88 22 33.

Council does not have information on the location of drainage on residential land because plumbers are not required to inform council of the location of these drains when installing them. Also known as “building/property information”, you will need this regulated certificate to indicate whether your property is prone to flooding, floods, termites or in an alpine area. Geotechnical geologists and engineers test the soil to ensure it can hold a building. They also evaluate it for all other factors that can affect the safety of a building, including the slope of the ground. If you have a soil reporting provider that you currently use, we may contact you on your behalf. Easements must remain barrier-free to allow access to infrastructure service providers. Work in easement areas that may require approval includes activities such as: Please allow up to six weeks for your application to be approved before work begins. The Council may provide information on controlled and prohibitive activities that may be carried out in the area of an easement.

This is a detailed plan that shows the size, depth and offset of all sewer pipes on your property. It also indicates where to connect to the sewer pipe. Your land surveyor must consider this report before issuing a building permit. Council does not keep records of stormwater pipes around homes. This report does not include a private stormwater drainage plan. Read our Reporting and Consent User Guide (PDF 2.4 MB) for more information on submitting an online application, including how to create a new username, reset your password, and make payments. An easement is an area or part of an allocation set aside by law to enable the provision of common infrastructure controlled by the state or municipality for a specific purpose, which may include: A permit to open roads or develop rainwater must be obtained from the builder or plumber before starting connection to a municipal drain or work in the road conservation area. The stormwater drainage system in Greater Dandenong is managed between Melbourne Water and the Council.

Melbourne Water is responsible for the provision and maintenance of its main drains and the council manages the remaining public drainage system within the community.